Sunday, 16 April 2017

Random Ramble: Animals and Veganism



I saw a dream where a cat rode on top of floating platform. 

This inspired me to make this little ramble here. 
So, we're living and eating vegan(and cruel free). 
No more milk of any sort which was our last and only non-vegan product we consumed (I mean we haven't drank it for like a year so, I am mostly talking about milk powder and things like that). 
We couldn't be happier since milk might be one of the worst things to eat for environment and health especially if you're a woman.
 Combined with minimalism in Finland; eating something else than pea soup or noodles can be a little expensive time to time. ;)
However, this is not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about animals. To be specific, how I feel about animals in general. 

People often claim that their love towards animals have gotten them turn or prefer plant based food. 
Something like "I can't eat Bambi or Babe pig." 
Well, yea that's fine and all but this is something I've not experienced and in my opinion is not required to stop using any animal based products.
When I was a kid I always wanted to have a dog and cat when I was "grown up" but since I've gotten older, my liking towards animals have been decreasing. I still like cats, bugs and fish especially but I wouldn't want to have one as a pet. Nah, not for me.
Veganism and liking animals do not walk hand in hand.
I don't oppose animals. No, I want them to be able to live just as we do. Opposing life wouldn't be a cruelty free thing to do.
But pets? Well... I consider adopting/rescuing an animal is way more vegan thing to do rather than buying one.
Why I don't like animals?
First: Just like zoos, "puppy farming or Puppy mill" type of things are a real thing.
Second: I absolutely hate badly trained animals. They're the worst.
I've had my share of awful noises, bites and waste. Thank you.
Third: What does most of the household pets eat? Meat.
Where does meat come from? I rest my case.
To open last one a bit. The nature works how it works and that's more than fine. Animals are not meant to be pets though. Just as we aren't supposed to live near 100 years old.
The whole point of living here is to be less of an evil we already are.
I mean this all in good way. We're happy living here and 
so should you. :)
 Every vegan and cruelty free person have their own reasons to protect environment and life. Animals... and humans as well.
So we all can live here in harmony.

Well, to conclude the subject shortly: You don't have to be a woman to be feminist nor homosexual to care about sexual equality.
You don't have to be something specific to make the world a better place to live.
Thanks for reading everyone and have a nice day!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being vegan! I also eat vegan because I don't want creatures to suffer for my food! I have a rescue dog and I wish I could rescue more animals! I oppose irresponsible breeding of animals! There are too many homeless pets out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I couldn't agree more! :D

      Delete
  2. Hyviä pointteja ja ihan totta, että kaikki tekee päätöksensä henkilökohtaisin perustein. Se on vaan jännää, että lihansyöjille niitä omia valintoja pitää aika perustella, että kasvissyöjänä on se epänormaali. ;) Kannattaa tsekata tämä mockument siitä, miltä tulevaisuus saattaa näyttää: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=930Xef1ri4M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Todellakin erikoista, vaikka todellisuudessa kasvisyöjät syövät terveellisemmin. Pitää ehdottomasti tsekata :D

      Delete
  3. Yay, I'm vegan too and am pleased to know of others! (Kinda know what you mean tho. I have such a problem with the pet food industry... ughhh!)
    Anyways I'm happy you're both doing your best to live consciously :D
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear, Dulce! We're happy to see so many fellow conscious people as well! :D

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting :) It makes us happy!