Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Thrift haul: From skirt to vest

Here's another thrift haul... We must take a little break from thrifting all though it might be profitable...

 Lind found few of wraparound skirts. This is first one.
Black, white and grey mixed with one bright colour is so easy to make something whimsical.
 It's so surprising that these are perfect fit for her! :O

It was time to get one of these. It's little like "ugly sweater" category but I really like it.
It looks like snowy mountains. Ah, this is what vikings would have worn... Or maybe they did?!

This is my favorite of Lind's finds. It matches with my "warm vest" that you might know.
It looks so good on her. <3... 
Sadly, this pic doesn't flatter its figure though. D:

More British grandpa vests! Yay! Colour combo is so tacky once again but at the same time so cool and hip! I was unsure to pick this up since size didn't fit perfectly and I think oversize vest looks messy but for some reason this didn't! 
I have never met so strange sized vest because they either fit on me or not.

 Swamp gold I tell you!
This is so strangely coloured vest but more the merrier. 
I like it! My latest vest find before this thrift haul will go great with this one. 
Vest inside the vest is West and thus best.
Weirdest skirt Lind has found from UFF so far.
The sides had been sewn together thus making it impossible to Lind fit this at the store. 
 (You might have noticed that her hips don't lie.)
Lind could tell that it's her size from the outside and we took it. But at home as she was tearing down the stitching, she noticed that there was made buttons to keep skirt "closed".
We were baffled - "That negates the reason why anyone would call it WRAPAROUND skirt!"
and came to conclusion that skirts last owner might had suffered heavy kind of slut shaming.
Heavy... Literal.
In the end the skirt is her size and we're happy with this purchase. :)

She dove into the pile of hats and found three berets!
She likes berets...!

We found couple wacky suspenders and they had to come with us. 

 
 She sometimes buys some fabrics just to make something out of them.
So, teddies... Yeah, looks all right!

We actually watched this movie already. It was nothing special really but the dramatic structure was all over the place and some shots looked quite beautiful. 
To be honest I bought the dvd because I have wanted to find some "gothic" horror for a some time now and I had heard about this one. 
So... yeah...


This Shar Pei (her name is Mei Mao) bag was amazing find. Lind realized that she owns so many dog bags all of the sudden. :O 
But that's okay!

What do you think of shar pei in general?!


Last but not the least the dolphin. It's just a plush toy but it was too cute to pass up. I am big fan of dolphins btw!



 It adjusted to our other 'children', very well :D It became best friends with our son, John the Pike Perch.

What a great thrift haul once again. Thanks UFF.
-'Lar

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I’m just really happy that I fint your blog. Your style is perfect. Don’t stop posting ,
    because I’m coming back.
    Regards
    Walkindiscount.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and don't worry we wont! ;)

      Delete

  2. Really nice :) Amazing total look
    I love so much this your looking :)
    Regards
    Shopafford.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting :) It makes us happy!