Sunday, 8 May 2016

Thrift shop adventures

At Lind's birthday we visited couple of large thrift stores.
As always we managed to find something worth buying.

These scary (Soviet) badges were too much to pass up. They're cute kind of horrific and that's great. :D

Lind is collecting different kind of cheap cloth materials to use on her DIY projects.
Especially sheets are perfect for this kind of purposes. 
Lind liked W.I.T.C.H when she was younger so this was natural fit.

I love suit jackets. This grandpa jacket which Lind found is awesome.
 I love this old British over sized square print.
It's ugly in so perfect way that ugliness is actually quite opposite!
I need more of these.

Harry Potter shirt. In Lind's opinion the best find!
It was her size and needs no further explaining. 
I mean... Just look at the print and tell me if it is not just plain amazing!
Look at the almost touchable feeling on Harry's face. ;D
Golden.
These two movies cost only 1,5€ and as you know I love lord of the rings. This is supposed to be some kind of short analytical documentary about story's structure. Narrated by John Rhys Davies aka Gimli. I just had to buy it. 
Vindico on the other hand is French horror thriller starring Gerard Depardieu.
Back cover looked so.... Strange... I needed to find out what's up with that. 
We haven't really managed to watch either of these yet but soon!

We also bought two vests. We noticed afterwards at home that this silver vest was women's vest.
My cup size didn't really match with this ones. x)
Otherwise the print and general looks are great in this one.
Maybe we can fix it.

This is my favourite find in a long time. I presume this is women's too but it doesn't look like it like the other one did. It's really lovely. I love the colour combo and all though I am not really keen on
short sleeved vests I make an exception here. This is an amazing find!

I love the little knots. They're so unique. Print makes me think southeastern asia or middle east for some reason.


Just a bonus what we find. It's Djali from Disney's Hunchback of the Notre Dame.
Oh, my how much I love that movie. It's either my favourite or second favourite of all Disney movies. Love the general atmosphere and especially the songs.
 Really well dramatized movie as a whole.


Lind said that it's too kawaii and I agree. He has jingle bells in his hooves they make such adorable sound.
All though it was the most expensive of our stuff we couldn't leave Djali behind. He is happy for it :)
To be from thrift shop Djali was well preserved and Lind decided to make a bag out of him so he could come with us to our adventures. Fits the character, yes? :D

All in all we were really happy about our visit at Turku's largest thrift store. Can't wait to get back.
Thanks for reading!
-'Lar

4 comments:

  1. omg vintage badges!!:^) it looks so cool;( tooo badddd thrift store in here only sells clothes;_;
    W.I.T.C.H !!<3 I immediately fell in love with irma reading her bathtub scene, the bathtub scene (in first volume) is so magical:^) and cornelia too! I've always love blonde girl...and her traits...<3
    that harry potter tee is so cool too:^) so vintage-ish!^^ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh thanks for the comment, Rafa! Lind showed that scene to me, it was scandalous :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment on my latest post
    it means so much to be and Iwanted to say THANK YOU in a more personal way.
    you are amazing.

    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting :) It makes us happy!