Thursday, 10 December 2015

Xmas calendar, day 10: Rice Porridge!

New video! Xmas calendar day 10! Check it out ;D
We're cooking today rice porridge. It's maybe the most traditional Xmas food
in Finland or Nordic countries as a whole. Making it is simple all you need is rice, milk and water (we used vegan milk). To make it Xmassy we used cinnamon as a spice. Worst part cooking it is that 
you need to stand next to porridge, stirring it as it cooks on a stove. I was signed up to this duty. 
I don't mind. Lind kept me company :D
We both like rice porridge very much and it's in fact my favourite kind of porridge.
Have you tried rice porridge before? :P

-Lind&Ilar

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, yes, arroz con leche (spanish for rice pudding)!! I like to add raisins and other fruits as well. Cinnamon is one of my favorite condiments too :)
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious! All though I am not biggest fan of raisins I still think they suit every food Xmas has to offer. It's strange!.. But lovely! :D

      Delete
  2. YUM! I love rice porridge. :9<3
    I let the cinnamon sticks heat with the water first, then add the milk and lastly the rice. :))

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheesePapas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's so interesting way to cook it! We must try it sometime. Cinnamon must be a lot stronger that way! That's good because I like cinnamon :) Really brings out Xmas feeling.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting :) It makes us happy!