Friday, 8 May 2015

The ethical Body Shop

We're not vegan but I've been reading and learning about "living more ethically".
I was told once that it's illegual and that they don't test on animal's anymore.
But guess what they do.

So the story began when I found out that L'Oréal (who tests on animals) owns The Body Shop.
Being aware of supporting a business who isn't cruelty free
I couldn't keep on buying Body Shop's body butters.

L´Oréal also owns:
Garnier, Maybelline, Lancôme, Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Vichy, Biotherm, Kiehl’s, Ralph Lauren, Shu Uemura, Cacharel, Helena Rubinstein, Clarisonic, Diesel, Viktor&Rolf, Yue Sai, Maison Martin Margiela, Urban Decay, Guy Laroche, Paloma Picasso, La Roche-Posay, SkinCeuticals, Roger&Gallet, Sanoflore, New York, Softsheen.Carson, Essie, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, Pureology, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Mizani, Essie, CARITA, Decleor, The Body Shop.


I love to use vegetarian (+vegan) cosmetics (Lush!!)
and now that I'm aware of that all my cosmetics aren't cruelty free 
 I've been looking for new brands to support.

 Farfalla is a Swiss eco brand that doesn't aim for profit.
Not only they have always been cruelty free and vegan (expect for lip balms that are vegetarian)
but also they support female farmers and such!
Hearing that makes me proud to use these products.

 I panicked a little when I read that this serum is "anti aging".
I asked my friend who studies cosmetics if I could use this product.
She said that it doesn't contain any anti aging ingredients... So it's cool!
(I'm just confused about the misleading advertisement. Farfalla don't do this to me anymore.)

 Okay! This is it. These bad boys are supposed to steal the crown of
the Body Shop's body butters.

 They aren't as moisturizing as butter but they are doing okay.

 We love the scent of tea tree tho.



 This oil works wonders to my dry legs.
And it smells like roses, my favourite!


 This is just a random myrtle mask. It was cheap, so...

 Dabba is a Latvian eco brand.
These are floral waters that I thought would be nice change for the Lush tea tree water.

 Love the packaging!

So we chose yarrow and raspberry leaf.
Yarrow smells exactly like yarrow. Not the nicest scent but I believe in its power.

Raspberry leaf smells like leaves and Ilar pointed out that it gives this weird association to sauna vihta (bath whisk) which is a traditional Finnish thing. It's made of birch branches and you use it to whip your sauna companion's back.

So yeah, the name floral water might be a little misleading (scent wise)
but I think they do their job making your face look pretty.

3 comments:

  1. whaaaaaat body shop belongs to loreal :OOOO no way!!! I usually use loads of Lush stuff :)

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! D: it's shocking. Thankfully I prefer Lush stuff too :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, cruelty free!! :D
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting :) It makes us happy!