Tuesday, 19 May 2015

DIY: felt ears

 
 
Sometime ago I just decided to make my wool hats look more unique and ended up making felt ears on them. I'm pretty happy with them (^__^)b


 
I didn't take any pictures of the progress but there's no tricks.
You just have to know how to felt :)


I attached the ears with just needle and thread.
I don't know if it'd be wise to glue a piece of fabric on the thread for extra security..?

I did some felting on the threads that could be seen on the ears.


The shape of these deer ears was pretty much the same as the fox ears (just longer)
 but when I attached them on the hat I pinched the bottom a little to make the wanted shape.

There's nothing but felt in these antlers but they turned out nice and sturdy.

I'm so tempted to try crocheting.
If I can make anything decent looking I'll surely share it with you :)

10 comments:

  1. ohhh my god, this is so rad!!!!!! can´t wait to see you wearing these!!

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I really need to post an outfit with these!

      Delete
  2. These are so nice! I love the idea of having little animal ears (& horns) on hats and beanies. :)

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm fond of the idea too. Animals <3

      Delete
  3. I love this idea. I'm not usually one for hats, but I may have to acquire some so I can do this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that :D thank you!!

      Delete
  4. I adore hats so this is something I would love to do! What a fun idea and it looks fabulous!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! Thank you so much :D

      Delete
  5. Absolutely adorable, a pair of crochet ears would be so awesome!
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww, yeah they'd be so cute!! :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting :) It makes us happy!