Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Random ramble about mothers

It's Ilar here and today I want to tell you a special story. Story what I actually witnessed when I was walking home after getting dinner for me and Lind. This was shocking experience. 

So, as I was saying; I was walking home on the sidewalk after getting dinner, minding my own business and listening to music. Then towards to me walked a woman in her mid twenties. She was pushing baby carriage so, I assume that she was a mother. Woman was holding on her right hand on her mobilephone, chatting and left hand was pushing baby carriage. I naturally stepped little more to the right to leave more room for mother and her child but when I glanced over I saw mother walking towards lamp post and boom carriages shook, mother almost dropped her phone. I could hear that baby inside carriages started crying loudly. At this time I was about only roughly 2-3 meters away from what happened. Clearly mother hadn't seen the lamp post as she was busy with her phone. I looked at her and mother looked back to me ignoring crying baby completely. She didn't say anything but I could clearly see in her eyes that she was saying something along these lines: Don't you dare to judge me! I am a good mother! You don't know what I've been through and my life is living hell I tell you! I didn't bother to look back but I could hear the baby crying and mother just keep pushing the carriage without simple gesture to calm this child which she clearly woke rudely up. The moment was so shocking that it was rather comical. What I think about that mother? Damn right I was judging you. Why do you have a child anyways? The social embarrassment is clearly more important than caring about you child which you actually harmed physically by hitting that lamp post! And let me tell you, the hit was not just a small bump, no, it was a proper ''carriage crash'' and I could see the woman almost losing balance as she dropped her phone from the force!
Just friendly advice.. Don't get a child until you can feel any responsibility towards that little human being. I just figure how she crosses the streets; Just push the carriages to the road when you want to cross. Cars WILL stop and if not... well I just blame the driver of course, but my phone, wow that's important stuff. -,-... So yea.. Good job lady!

Thanks Lind for this fitting artwork

It was so much fun to tell Lind about this. As she has worked kindergarten before and have seen her share of those ignorant mothers who just get a child ''because they're supposed to''. We always make fun of those mothers/fathers who clearly have no understanding how to raise a child. 
They're just so embarrassing and comedic. xD

Thanks for reading!
-'Lar

6 comments:

  1. My goodness! I would have panicked and carried the baby to check if they got hurt. I love chikdren so much (although I don't have any yet) and I've seen mothers like that before too.
    The mothers I could never stand are the ones who don't bother to see what shenanigans their kids are up to but get mad when other people try to correct them.
    Love the illustration!


    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that would be absolutely sensible thing to do :D Lind and I love children too and yea, I think those kind of mothers are common all around the world. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Hmm, inanimate object >> sentient being ?!?
    It humors me how some individuals prioritize.
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta love that phone! Value of mobile phone is apparently one human baby.

      Delete
  3. ommmmmg this is horrible.I would have been SO angry. there´s nothing more important than children. (no offense but I think the colour of your writing doesnt go to well with the background, it was really hard for me to read that text haha)

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I really was stunned. We try fix the problem with the text. Sorry to hear you had hard time reading it! :s

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting :) It makes us happy!